WHAT COMES TO MIND WHEN YOU HEAR THE TERM ‘HOMESTEADING?’
Does your mind conjure up images of the settlers of the old west? Or do you think you’d have to give up all your beloved modern conveniences – such as electricity and running water?
Or, perhaps you picture giving up your car to start riding in a horse and buggy…
DISPELLING THE MYTH
Homesteaders come in all shapes and sizes, and from all walks of life!
We live in the city… in the suburbs… and, we live in the country on an acre of land… or on a hundred…
If that’s the case, then how can you tell if YOU have a homesteading spirit?
THE TOP 10 SIGNS OF THE HOMESTEADING SPIRIT:
- grow tomatoes, lettuce, basil and your favorite herbs on your apartment balcony or by a sunny window
- find kneading bread dough relaxing
- drive 20+ miles out of your way to buy milk and eggs from a farm
- learn about home remedies for healing your family
- have your cupboards full of your homemade preserves and your favorite dehydrated foods
- know how to ‘cook from scratch’
- find it amazing that your chickens feed you breakfast every morning
- enjoy getting your hands dirty working in the garden
- enjoy breathing in the smell of your laundry after hanging it out on the line
- make your own soaps and salves
So you see, the Homesteading Spirit can be found in each and every person! Wherever the Homesteading Spirit can be found, you’ll find we all have one thing in common… we want to get back to the basics… we have a deep seeded desire to grow and raise our own food… to do things the way our ancestors did…
If this is how you feel, then you’ve come to the right place.
Welcome to my homestead!