Mornin’ y’all! Sheri here! For those who don’t yet know… Recently, I committed myself to doing The Whole30 because of severe stomach and gallbladder issues.
Well, I just finished my first round of whole 30, and am presently working on what’s called the Reintroduction phase.
What does that mean? Well, I’ll tell ya!
Over the next 10 days, I’ll reintroduce certain foods… beans, gluten and gluten-free grains, and dairy… and I’ll watch for any reactions!
Because of the severe pain I’ve had, I know that doing this for just 30 days will not be enough to heal my digestive system! So, I’m planning on another whole30… or 60, or even 90!
Most likely, because of the progress I’ve had already, I expect this will be a lifetime gig!
I’m okay with that! – Being healthy and pain free is a good thing!
Here’s some of the results I’ve already seen:
- Day 31: Stepped on the scale and I’m down 8 lbs. That’s the equivalent to 32 sticks of butter. That’s a lot of butter!
- My ‘skinny jeans’ used to fit snugly. Now, they’re loose and baggy!
- I have a better handle on what foods cause me pain and discomfort when I eat.
- I no longer need my expensive stomach meds that had serious side effects!
- My relationship with food has changed!
- I enjoy cooking again!
- I’ve discovered new and interesting ways to prepare my old favorites!
- I have more energy.
- I’m sleeping better.
- I’m not as moody as I used to be!
- My back pain (degenerative disk disease) isn’t as bad as it used to be! I’m now able to stand for longer periods of time before needing to sit...
- Where I used to take 2 BP meds… I am glad to report that I am only using 1 BP med! AND before long, Lord willing, I will be off that one as well!
My next step is to turn the whole northwest section of my small farm into a whole 30 compliant garden! More on that tomorrow!
Here’s to better health!